• How many years do I have to wait to vacate a Felony?

    If it is an eligible Felony, for example not Class A or violent offense etc. (complete list to come) – Class C is a 5 year wait from the date of discharge.  Class B is a 10 year wait from date of discharge. More later on what and when the date of discharge is for vacate purposes.

  • Is there a limit to the number of Felonies I can vacate?

    No. Unlike misdemeanors, there is not a limit to the number of felonies you can vacate. As long as it is an eligible felony and you have met the time and other requirements. Kotlowski Law Office PLLC offers a free consultation to determine whether you are eligible.

  • What’s a good result for a DUI?

    It really depends on your case. Sometimes a reduction to DUI “No Test” or below .15 will be a good result. A very good non-DUI resolution is Reckless Driving or Negligent Driving in the First Degree. You should make sure you retain a DUI attorney that is experienced and knows what a good resolution is based on the facts of “your” case. Don’t compare yourself to others or what you hear. Every case is unique.

  • How many years am I on probation for a DUI?

    5 years is the typical probation time for DUI. In rare cases, some judges will lower this time period on first offense DUI’s.

  • Do DUI attorneys offer payment plans?

    Yes. Kotlowski Law Office PLLC offers monthly payments plan options. We typically require an initial down payment and then the client can make monthly payments over the course of their DUI case.

  • How many days do I have to request a DOL Hearing?

    Effective January 1, 2019 – you have only seven (7) calendar days to request a Department of Licensing (DOL) Hearing. The clock starts ticking from the date of arrest.

  • How long does the Prosecutor have to file my DUI case?

    Two (2) years. The Statue 0f Limitations is the absolute “deadline” for filing on your specific offense. The time period in which a DUI case can be filed is two (2) years from the date of arrest. That said, a lot of cases have been delayed because they are blood draw cases. The Washington State Tox Lab is approximately 6-12 months behind on getting the blood results back to law enforcement.

  • How much does a DUI attorney charge?

    It completely varies by city and county. The saying that – “you get what you pay for” – is so true. Always do your “due diligence” and find an experienced DUI attorney that you are comfortable with and can afford. Chemistry is important. The average DUI case lasts a year or more these days. Kotlowski Law Office PLLC offers a free in-person no obligation consultation.

  • Can I vacate or expunge my DUI conviction?

    No. Unfortunately, in Washington State you cannot vacate or expunge a DUI conviction. It stays on your record for life.

  • Will I need SR-22 Insurance because of my DUI conviction?

    Yes. In most cases. SR-22 High Risk Insurance is required for three (3) years on a DUI administrative suspension and/or revocation or as a result of a DUI, Physical Control or Reckless Driving conviction. To avoid SR-22 insurance you would have to be successful at the Department of Licensing (DOL) administrative hearing and have the DUI or Physical Control charge either dismissed/reduced to negligent driving or reckless endangerment. The only other exception would be if you entered a deferred prosecution and you did not refuse the breath test or were successful at the DOL hearing.